Please read these instructions carefully to ensure you have the best experience possible with your Heat Healer Energy Sauna.
Make sure to also thoroughly read our health and safety precautions here, and do not use the Energy Sauna if you have a pacemaker or any other type of medically implanted device for delivering medicine to the body, as the Energy Sauna produces a magnetic field.
If you have any other pre-existing medical conditions, always seek professional medical guidance first, before using the Energy Sauna and never use the Energy Sauna if you are pregnant.
Important Safety Precautions
The Energy Sauna is a heated electrical device, and it must be used responsibly. These safety precautions must be followed to avoid the risk of injury or electric shock.
- Never use the Energy Sauna near water and never leave the cables or the controller near water or in an area that may become wet.
- Never handle the controller or the power cables with wet hands.
- Always disconnect the power cord from the controller when not in use.
- Never leave the Energy Sauna on whilst unattended, especially in the presence of children or pets.
- Never leave the Energy Sauna on with the domes overlapping each other, as the heat needs to be able to dissipate.
- Never have the cables under the heated PEMF mat or inside the sauna.
- Never try to disassemble, take apart or repair the Energy Sauna. If your Energy Sauna is not working correctly, contact Heat Healer directly and do not try to self-repair.
- Never insert pins or other sharp objects into any part of the Energy Sauna.
- Never place your head inside the Energy Sauna. The Energy Sauna is designed to have your head outside the sauna, using the pillow provided. Placing your head inside the Energy Sauna creates the risk of bumping your head on the heated domes.
- Never touch the ceramic nodes embedded within the domes of the Energy Sauna. These nodes will become hot and should not be touched.
- Never use the Energy Sauna if the cords are damaged/frayed, if the controller is damaged or if you notice any damage or wear and tear to any part of the Energy Sauna.
- Only use the Energy Sauna with the correct voltage for the country you are in. The North American Energy Sauna is only designed to work on a 110v-120v power supply and should not be used with any other voltage.
- Never cover the controller or leave the controller in a poorly ventilated area. The controller will warm up when in use and must not be covered and air flow must not be impeded.
- Always connect the cables between the controller and the domes before you turn on the Energy Sauna. Never leave cables loose or not connected whilst the controller is on.
- Only use the Energy Sauna on a flat, stable surface.
- Never allow children or pets near the Energy Sauna.
- Never use the Energy Sauna for more than 60 minutes at a time and never try to push your body beyond what is comfortable.
- The Energy Sauna is not designed for continual back to back usage and it should be allowed to cool down and restart between sessions.
- Always use the mat cover provided with your Energy Sauna, or a thick towel over the mat. This is to absorb any sweat and provide additional comfort.
Setting Up The Energy Sauna
Part One: Where To Use Your Energy Sauna
- The Energy Sauna is designed to be semi-portable, meaning that you will have the best experience if you pick a dedicated room to use the Energy Sauna in.
- When the Energy Sauna is not in use, you can keep it packed away against a wall of the room, as it has been designed to blend in with your furniture and only occupies minimal space.
- When you want to use the Energy Sauna, setting it up will take less than 3-minutes and then packing it away will also take less than 3-minutes.
Part Two: Moving Your Energy Sauna Into Your Dedicated Room
- Upon delivery, we recommend having two people move the Energy Sauna into the room where you are going to use it and help unpack it.
- If you do not have someone available to help you, then you should use a small hand trolly to move the Energy Sauna into your house and into the room.
- The total weight of the carton, with all the components of the Energy Sauna inside, weighs 40kg (88lbs).
- The individual components on their own are much lighter, and can be moved easily by a single person, meaning that an individual can set up and pack away the Energy Sauna with ease for each sauna session.
- The PEMF mat weighs 18kg (39lbs), the upper dome weighs 11kg (24lbs), the lower dome weighs 9kg (20lbs) and the controller weighs 1.5kg (3lbs).
Part Three: Unpacking Your Energy Sauna
- To understand the best method for unpacking the Energy Sauna from the shipping carton, watch the video below in full.
IMPORTANT: The handles on the black case are only to help maneuver the Energy Sauna into place. Do not try to lift or carry the Energy Sauna by these handles, as they are not designed to support the total weight.
IMPORTANT: When removing the padding from the sauna, use scissors and be careful to only cut the tape/padding and do not cut into the sauna itself.
Part Four: What Comes With Your Energy Sauna
Your Energy Sauna comes with the following items:
- A PEMF mat with 55 pockets filled with crystals (tourmaline and quartz) as well as negative ion beads.
- An upper dome.
- A lower dome.
- A waterproof head pillow.
- A curtain for trapping in heat within the sauna.
- A controller.
- A power cable.
- Cables connecting the controller to the domes.
- A carry bag for the PEMF mat.
- A black case for storage of the domes.
- A mat cover for your PEMF mat, specially designed to absorb any sweat.
Part Five: Connecting Your Energy Sauna Together
Note: Depending on your preference, you may wish to place small cushions or a pillow under the mat cover (and on the PEMF mat) if you feel more comfortable being propped up with something soft, rather than lying completely flat.
- Take the PEMF mat out of its bag and lay it on the floor where you want to set up your sauna.
- With the PEMF mat laid out, use the mat cover to cover the mat entirely.
- Position the lower dome at the base of the mat and then position the upper dome at the top of the mat (where the Heat Healer logo is on the mat).
- Using the labelled cables, connect them to the controller and also to the PEMF mat and each of the domes (M= Mat, U = Upper Dome and L = Lower Dome).
- Connect the power cable to the controller.
IMPORTANT: Make sure all cables are connected between the controller and the domes/mat before turning the power on.
Part Six: Setting The Timer, Temperature and Red Light
- Flick the master power switch at the back of the controller, then press the red power button on the front of the controller.
- Set the timer up to 60-minutes in duration. The Energy Sauna will turn off automatically once the timer hits zero.
- Set the temperature of the domes up to 90c (194f) and the temperature of the mat up to 80c (176f).
Please note that temperature is set in Celsius. A temperature chart with the conversions is under the video below.
- We recommend starting out at 70c for both the domes and the mat if you are new to using a sauna. You can then adjust the temperature up or down as you like.
- To start heating, press the green 'Start' button.
- Turn on the Red LED Light by pressing the 660nm button on the controller.
IMPORTANT: The Energy Sauna will only start heating once you press the green 'Start' button. If you do not press this button, the Energy Sauna won't heat.
Once you press the green 'Start' button, you will see the temperature display drop to 25c (room temperature) and a little dot will flash next to each temperature reading. The temperature will then steadily climb minute by minute until it reaches the desired temperature you set.
You only need to press the 'Start' button once. If you press it twice it will pause the heating.
Temperature Conversion From Celsius to Fahrenheit
The temperature settings for the Energy Sauna are in Celsius. The heaters in the domes can be set up to 90c (194f) and the mat up to 80c (176f).
As the Energy Sauna uses Far Infrared Heat, the intent is to heat your body directly, not the air around your body.
With the heaters set to their maximum temperature, this will typically translate to an air temperature inside the Energy Sauna of 66c (150f), which is hotter than a typical cabin infrared sauna.
Pre-Heating The Energy Sauna
- 90c = 194f
- 80c = 176f
- 70c = 158f
- 60c = 140f
- 50c = 122f
- 40c = 104f
Just like a cabin sauna, the Energy Sauna will take time to heat up.
We recommend allowing it to pre-heat for around 15 minutes before you get into the sauna. The longer you pre-heat for, the hotter your sauna will become.
Part Seven: Setting The PEMF Function
- When you are ready to enter the sauna, press the PEMF button and set your desired frequency, press the PEMF button on the controller.
- The PEMF frequency can be set between 1Hz to 30Hz.
- The default frequency is 15Hz and this is suitable for all people.
- Whilst all frequencies within the range of 1Hz to 30Hz will stimulate your mitochondria and are within the Earth's natural frequency range, there are subtle differences between the lower frequencies and the higher frequencies in this range.
- Once you press the PEMF button, the PEMF is now on. The PEMF can be turned off by long-pressing (ie, pressing for more than 3 seconds) the PEMF button, or when the timer hits zero.
1Hz to 10Hz - Best for relaxation and stress relief.
11Hz to 20Hz - Best for muscle and body recovery.
21Hz to 30Hz - Best to boost energy and help with mental clarity.
Part Eight: Attaching The Curtain
Attaching the curtain is optional. You can just as easily trap in the heat within the Energy Sauna by placing a large towel over the opening, and may people do prefer this as it makes it easy to wipe sweat away from your face.
If you do want to attach the curtain, simply attach it with the Velcro seal on the inside lip of the sauna dome.
Part Nine: Entering The Sauna
Note: With the mat cover on top of the PEMF mat, there is no need to wear any additional clothing, unless you want to. Any sweat will be absorbed into the mat cover.
Once you have allowed the Energy Sauna to pre-heat and you are ready to start your session, simply slide the upper dome downwards and climb into the sauna.
Pull the dome back up over your body, and enjoy your sauna session.
- Use your time in the Energy Sauna to relax. Listen to a podcast, music, practice breathwork, meditate or whatever else it is that relaxes you. Your time in the Energy Sauna is focused solely on you, as your body and mind is rejuvenated.
Part Ten: Packing The Energy Sauna Away
IMPORTANT: You should always flick off the master power switch at the back of the controller and disconnect the Energy Sauna from the power socket when not in use. Never leave the Energy Sauna connect up when unattended, especially in the presence of children or pets.
- To pack away the Energy Sauna, simply disconnect the cables and then stand the two domes upright.
- Each dome is light enough for an individual person to carry, and the they can be stored against the wall of your room.
- The PEMF mat can be folded up and placed back in its protective bag.
Part Eleven: Washing The Mat Cover
- The PEMF mat cover is made from 100% dye free cotton and can be both machine washed and dried on a low heat.